Monday, April 7, 2008

Flowers; Anthurium

Silently a flower blooms,
In silence it falls away;
Yet here now, at this moment, at this place,
The world of the flower,
the whole of the world is blooming.
This is the talk of the flower,
the truth of the blossom:
The glory of eternal life is fully shining here.

- Zenkei Shibayama..

Someone kindly asked me in a comment where I bought my flowers. I used to go to the market to buy them, but since I started taking pictures of flowers I get them for present from people. I haven't been to the market in weeks hihi. It is so lovely that everybody is so supporting and brings me flowers.Two days ago my mother brought me this beautiful green coloured Anthurium. Although she doesn't have a computer and can't see the pictures she knows how much I enjoy photographing them. To me a gift like that is truly from the heart.... :) Every time my mother, sister or Toek see a beautiful flower they bring it home to me.
To me it is so lovely to make a still life of flowers which are brought to me with so much love. I hope it shows in the pictures, because I always have a very lovely and warm feeling while photographing them. And it would be beautiful to share that feeling with you :))
Today I am going to visit my mother and she has already told me that she discovered two new flowers in her garden for me. You will see them too in a short while my friends, take care ;)

It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.

- William Carlos Williams

7 comments:

rkramadh said...

Dear Sas, this is a brilliant post! You are very lucky that you get exotic flowers from your loved ones. I love Anthuriums although I don't think I have seen this bright green ones before! The 3rd picture made me fall of my seat, it's just phenomenal! The waxy texture is so well captured. I must say that the pics reminded me of freshly picked betel leaves in India LOL!

vk said...

Lovely energizing green. I enjoyed reading this, Sas. The quotes are so lovely. Was touched by the little things you mention. So wonderful to be loved in such a special way. And, yes your gentle love for flowers can be seen in your photos. Wish you many more flower discoveries :) I suppose we should also thank your mother, sister and Toek for the eye candy we get to see :)).
Have a lovely evening :)
...awaiting more lovely pictures..Vani

Deepika Giriraju said...

Hi Sas,
I was wandering around and stopped by your blog. I admire the love you have towards you home and decor. I am totally carried away by the warm colors at your place.
I'm glad i checked this blog will be back again.
Well,you can stop by at my blog its www.mudram.blogspot.com
until then,
Cheers !!!
Deepika

Sas said...

Thank you dear Rupa and Vani,

So nice to be able to share my flower gifts with you :))

This way it is twice a beautiful gift to me.

Take care my friends and thanks for sharing,

hugs

Sas

Sas said...

Thank you dear Rupa and Vani,

So nice to be able to share my flower gifts with you :))

This way it is twice a beautiful gift to me.

Take care my friends and thanks for sharing,

hugs

Sas

Sas said...

Dear Deepika Giriraju,

So nice to welcome you on my blog and thank you for the lovely comment :)

I will check your blog right away.

Have a nice day and take care :)))

Sas

cobalt said...

HELLO! this are the most beautiful pictures of green anthurium I've ever seen. I the first time I saw this flower in a flower shop I fell in love it immediately. I told myself, any man who would be giving me this flower will be the man I am going to marry!