Friday, April 18, 2008

Positive

Keep your thoughts positive
because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive
because your words become your behaviors.
Keep your behaviors positive
because your behaviors become your habits.
Keep your habits positive
because your habits become your values.
Keep your values positive
because your values become your destiny.


Gandhi
Today I wanted to share some sayings by Gandhi which have been a great help to me and still are. Whenever I feel hurt or scared I read these lines again and I can feel my heart taking over from my emotions again. Slowly and gently loving energy flows in and my defence system lets go and I can see things clearly again.
To me it has been very helpful not to let my emotions take over but to take a step back and to reflect on a situation first. It prevented me a lot of times from stepping into an argument or feeling rejected. I am still working on it but it gets a little bit easier every time I practice it. It makes me so happy to feel the progress inside and to see the effect is has on my personal life.I hope you will have a lovely weekend with some quiet moments to share a cup of tea together. Take care and big weekend hugs to all of you :))


It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that"s important.
You have to do the right thing.
It may not be in your power, may not be in your time,
that there'll be any fruit.
But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing.
You may never know what results come from you action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result.


Gandhi

5 comments:

vk said...

Amazing post. I know I needed this positive force today as things around me were getting to me... small irritants. As I read this I realized how silly I am to worry about trivial things when they hardly matter in the big picture of life...where love and togetherness are the essence. So, from this moment I am staring to keep positive thoughts....Thanks Sas for this post and gently guiding me, reminding me to reflect. I am glad to have found your blog. Those pictures are exquisite...
You have a great weekend too my friend. I will drink my morning tea with you :) .Hugs
Vani

Unknown said...

Such a lovely thought for the weekend...thanks for sharing this Sas!

Just a small thing to bring to your notice, the spelling is GANDHI :)

Have a super weekend.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sas,

Glad to hear that you are happy by your inside-growth!Just keep it going and going...
I enjoy growing up along with baby DAILY INSPIRATION~:p

I have just decided to have a positive weekend too...Stop thinking nonesense and refocus on a real plan,stop worring about the consequences and resolve to a practical move....Doing something different and doing nothing to regather my pieces of ideas(and yes ,with a cup of tea).

a big smile:))))
Sindi

Sas said...

Dear Vani, Nandita and Sindi,

This morning just after my breakfast I read your comments. I guess to me it feels the same as to you reading my blog.

It is a lovely sharing together and it is heart warming to me to read your reactions. It feels like the closing of the circle and it always makes me happy :))

Thank you so much and take care,

With love, Sas


"There, by sharing something,
I realized that I'm not alone, that there is a lot of people that share with me the same preoccupations,
the same ideas, the same ideals, and the same quest for a meaning for this life."

Paulo Coelho

rkramadh said...

Sas, I loved the first quote from Gandhi. You have expressed some profound thoughts and I am still reflecting on them. You are so right that if we step back a moment before getting emotional, things work out better. Thanks for reminding me of that, I should certainly practice that more often! You sure provide some food for thought and feast for our eyes! Lots of hugs to you, Rupa