Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thoughts

We are shaped by our thoughts;
we become what we think.
When the mind is pure,
joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.

Buddha
Today I had to see the doctor (don't worry, nothing serious :) and as I walked home thinking about the doctors appointment, I saw these beautiful flowers. I took one branch home with me and was happy that I had found such a lovely flower just beside the sidewalk. My mood cleared and at that point my mind was clear and open. No negative thoughts, just the joy I felt looking at this flower. It reminded me of this saying of the Buddha as I noticed that my mood was positive again.

Hopefully these pictures of the flowers and the little red Buddha will have a positive influence on your mood too. He surely always brings a smile to my face. Take care and I hope your day will be warm and yellow :))

When you realize how perfect everything is
you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.

Buddha


5 comments:

vk said...

You write so beautifully, Sas..I felt I was walking along that sidewalk with you and my negative thoughts too vanished reading this and seeing those awesome Buddha pictures and that lovely flower. Such lovely quotes. ...And thanks... these Buddha pictures did make me smile :))
Vani

Sas said...

Dear Vani,

Thank you for your lovely comment. So nice to share a smile and these flowers together :)

Hope you have a nice evening and sleep well for later on :))

hugs Sas

Anonymous said...

Dear Sas,

The Buddha is kind of hilarious with those delicate flowers in his hands! So lovely:P

It looks to me that he is stretching his arms and breathing the sunshine.
It matches what you write perfectly well.

How lucky that you have such a keen eye for beauty all the time.

"We are shaped by our thoughts;
we become what we think."
that reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:
"Love is there if you want it to be"

So true that happiness hidden away in the seconds of our lives and if we don't stop from here, we might miss it.

I feel stronger when reading your post and it's time for me to make my thoughts clear too(although I'm still trying to figure out how,since negative thoughts and positive thoughts fight a lot in my head). I just wish that I could do it everyday. I wish I could finally get rid of the weakness in my life and be myself.

But for now,I only wish you well:)
Take care and have a nice day.

Really nice to talk to you here.

Sindi

Sas said...

Dear Sindi,

Thank you for your open en warm feedback, it is wonderful to share this way. I think we are all on the same journey here :))

It is not always easy to stay on track as I just noticed today hihi
I wrote a new post about it and maybe you will recognize some feelings too :)

Anyway take care and have a lovely weekend :)))

big hug

Sas

rkramadh said...

Sas, those are beautiful flowers that you found! I feel like they were waiting to be picked up by someone who would appreciate their beauty, who better than you?! I love the simple yet profound teachings of Buddha. I once read a book on "The power of positive thinking" and found that it really does work! It's just not easy to practice it consciously every day...that's the journey I guess we all are on!