Monday, April 21, 2008

Smiling


Smiling is very important.
If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace.
It is not by going out for a demonstration against
nuclear missiles that we can bring about peace.
It is with our capacity of smiling, breathing,
and being peace that we can make peace.


Thich Nhat Hanh

Ladybugs always make me smile and it feels like a little present when I see one. Today the sun was shining while we finished my mother's cat playground. (As I write this post I still can feel my head glowing from the sunbeams). My mother was so happy today that it brought tears to my eyes to see her smile so lovely.

I am going to bed now as I am very tired but very satisfied. I just wanted to share this lovely romantic scene with you that I witnessed today in my mother's garden. I hope these little ones will bring a smile to your face too. Big hugs and take care........ :)

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Thich Nhat Hanh

5 comments:

vk said...

Beautiful post and wonderful shots. Loved it. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face Sas.:))
Vani

rkramadh said...

Sas, the last picture just made me smile since I hadn't even paid attention to it at first! I love the color among black and white. You definitely see things that most people would miss, it's your keen sense of perception that seeks beauty in all places!

~mE said...

sas your thoughts, your writing and your pictures are so beautiful and they blend so well.

I love your blog

Anonymous said...

These are the most lovely ladybugs I've ever seen so far, really amazing captures!!!

"My mother was so happy today that it brought tears to my eyes to see her smile so lovely."

Well, Sas, I have to say that I kind of envy your tears.

Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile (Einstein).

love,
Sindi

Sas said...

Dear Vani, Rupa, ~me and Sindi,

It really felt like smiling together..... so lovely that two tiny red bugs can bring a smile to my face and later on to yours too.

It makes me very happy :))

Take care my friends and thanks for sharing your smiles.

with love, Sas

p.s.
thank you for the beautiful quote Sindi :)