Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thoughts over tea


Have patience with everything that
remains unsolved in your heart.
Try to love the questions themselves,
like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language.
Do not now look for the answers.
They cannot now be given to you
because you could not live them.
It is a question of experiencing everything.
At present you need to live the question.
Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it,
find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.


Rainer Maria Rilke

Rainer Maria Rilke is one of my favourite poets and this is one of my dearest poems by him. I often read his work during a cup of tea. But this morning I just have time for one cup because in about half an hour a friend is picking us up. Today we are making a cat house for my mother, so she can sit outside with her cats in the sun.
I really love it to work with my hands and to create something. Today the three of us are working outside while my mother cooks for us during the day. It is so lovely to work together with love on a project each one doing his part and to finally create something new together.

The idea of my mother sitting happily outside with her cats in the new cat house makes me smile and is worth all the effort. Take care today and enjoy your tea with love :))

This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love:
the more they give, the more they possess.

Rainer Maria Rilke

6 comments:

vk said...

What a lovely poem Sas! Thanks for sharing. I never read his work before. I should try and get my hands on a book by him. So beautifully worded...and so true perhaps...again something new for me to think about. Now, along my a spiritual journey with you I am also discovering aspects of love, sharing, poetry ...photography..and whatever more that's to come :)).
I am sure you had a lovely day. It is really nice to do things together with those we love for those we love.
Until your next post...
Vani

Anonymous said...

How True.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sas,
What a lovely post!!!The photos are so cute...you must have a wonderful tea-time:)

Love is such an amazing thing...I feel sweet when reading... and I miss my mom too.

Sindi

Elisa Day said...

I enjoyed my tea with love today! I just love your posts. Im thinking about your mother and her cats and it makes me happy. Tomorrow I will leave for a week to take a vacation in the sun, I look forward to that. I will miss your post, I have to read them when I get home :)

Sas said...

Dear Vani, Vinita, Sindi and Elisa Day,

We just came home ( almost two o'clock in the morning) and it was a lovely day. It is almost finished and tomorrow morning we'll meet again to complete it.

I am very tired but very happy. So lovely to work together while the cats were watching us awaiting their new playground.

Thanks for your warm hearted comments, big hugs and sleep well :))

with love, Sas

shelley said...

Sas,
Thank you for all the inspiring poetry and beautiful pics.