Thursday, March 13, 2008

Flower arrangements; Hyacinths part 2

Is has been a few days since the last pictures of the Hyacinths and their colour has changed from bright blue into violet. They still scent lovely and the fragrance even seems stronger.
I have found an old Buddha sculpture that matches the colour of the Hyacinths beautifully. For this occasion he left his place in the garden to enlighten a small still life in my living room. I love the combination of dark wood and glass with vivid intense colours. The dark colours seem to underline the warmth and bright yellow and violet tones.The simple combination of a Buddha statue with candles is enough to create a relaxing and peaceful mood in a room. A still life like this one helps me to relax in the evening when I look at the burning candles and their reflection on the Buddha :)Normally I would add an incense burner to a scene like this one. But with the lovely strong scent of the Hyacinths that isn't necessary. This combination of scenting flowers, candle light and the peaceful Buddha makes me feel happy and warm. I wish you a lovely day and a relaxed evening :))

10 comments:

rkramadh said...

Dear Sas, I love this post! This Buddha fits perfectly with the color of hyacinths! My fav photos are 2nd and 3rd. I love the amber glow on the wall created by depression glass...just lovely!

Elisa Day said...

beatiful post! I collect buddhas, so I just love your pictures

vk said...

Lovely post, Sas. Those flowers are exquisite. I don't think we have them in my town. Loved your still life creations.
Vani

hildA said...

this is lovely as always Sas. I wish you a nice weekend (will be away from the computer for a couple of days now). I'll see you back on monday.

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

I feel more peaceful already!

Sas said...

Thank you dear Rupa :)

I love that amber glow too. It makes me feel warm and save in my little house :))

Sas

Sas said...

Thank you Elisa, always nice to share the love for Buddhas :))

Take care,

Sas

Sas said...

Hihi what a lovely comment Barb! :)))

Sas said...

Dear Vani,

Nice to hear you like this post.

I am still looking for Poppy's to surprise you :))

Sas

Sas said...

Thank you dear hildA,

I wish you a lovely weekend and send you a big hug :))

Sas